I’m in denial how quickly 2017 is zipping by. There are things I should have gotten done already, like most of my spring cleaning! But whether I like it or not, the holidays are a-comin’.
I have ordered my front door pine wreath from a neighborhood Boy Scout (it will arrive a few days after Thanksgiving) and have pulled out my beeswax tapers to light at night. These days I only burn 100% pure beeswax candles. They emit no toxins when burning, and in fact, help purify indoor air. Plus they burn a long time.
On the gift side of things I’ve only bought one thing, so I need to get busy. I like to get done early so I can enjoy all the festivities in December without fretting.
Here’s my hint for you gift givers…take time to explore Esty.com. You’ll find everything…from amazing hand made goodies to unique vintage items.
Etsy Gift Ideas
- 100% pure beeswax candles (make great hostess gifts)
- homemade fudge (you can even find yummy vegan options)
- knitted animals (for the young and young at heart)
- pottery soup/cereal bowls (can you ever have too many bowls?)
- cocktail bitters (which can be used in many types of drinks and often have medicinal properties)
- coffee-themed t-shirts (for the coffee lover in your life)
Lion & Lamb Vintage Gift Ideas
Looking for something a littler older, here are a few things from my store…
- Creamy luster 24″ faux pearl necklace from Grebitus & Sons, Sacramento (these are so nice I originally thought they might be real)
- Four 1984 Winter Olympics Campbell’s soup bowls
- 1973 RM Trush sterling silver rocking horse christmas ornament
- Carved semi-precious stone stretch bracelet in fall colors
- Four 1950/1960 tin party noisemakers
- Signed 1983 “Galway Kinnell Selected Poems” book
- Four handmade pottery napkin rings with lace impressions
- Four vintage Rhapsody Smoke sherry glasses from Sweden
- Vintage brass wine cooler/ champagne bucket made In Mexico by A. Lara
Well, I hope these few links have whet your appetite for unique gift giving. Though I’ll be honest, the best gift is usually not a physical thing but giving someone your time, energy and love. 🙂